Who can apply?
You must be:
- Between the ages of 18 and 64 (minimum and maximum ages)
- Resident in the UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands
- Employed and working for a minimum of 16 hours per week, or self-employed
- Working continuously for 12 months before the policy start date if you have chosen the unemployment benefit (the unemployment benefit is not available to you if you are self-employed)
How do I make a claim?
Up until 1 January 2018, if you need to make a claim please contact us on 01454 619500 for a claim form. Once you receive the claim form, please complete and send to:
TWG Services Limited, The Aspen Building, Floor 2, Vantage Point Business Village, Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire, GL17 0AF.
In addition, please enclose evidence of employment with your claim form.
Please do this without delay so that your claim can be processed and eligible benefits paid to you quickly.
For any claims after 1 January 2018, please contact Covea directly on 0333 130 4520 to start your claim.
How is the plan underwritten?
When you apply there are no medical questions, so it’s quick and easy to obtain cover and acceptance is usually immediate. Any medical condition that you are aware of or have received treatment for will be excluded – unless you have been symptom-free and not received any advice or treatment for it for two years prior to a claim. Any new medical conditions will be covered – but please refer to the Policy Document for full details.
Who underwrites the Lifestyle Protector plan?
The Lifestyle Protector plan is provided by London General Insurance Company Limited and London General Life Company Limited who are The Warranty Group's European general insurance underwriting company. They have been providing insurance products to some of the leading retailers, banks and financial services companies throughout Europe for over 30 years. LGI is rated A- (Excellent) by AM Best for their financial strength.
(For policies with a start date of 1st December onward) The APRIL UK Lifestyle Protector Plan is underwritten by Covea Insurance plc, who have an excellent reputation in the industry for serving major financial institutions and having strong service standards.
When does the plan end?
The Lifestyle Protector plan will end on the earliest of the following:
- The date when you become 68 years of age, or the date you retire, whichever is the sooner
- The date you fail to pay your premium when due
- The date of your death
- The date a critical illness benefit is paid (if chosen)
- The date the plan is cancelled or terminated
What isn't covered?
- HIV, AIDS and related conditions
- Normal pregnancy
- Drug addiction or alcohol abuse
- Backache or whiplash (unless there is radiological evidence of medical abnormality)
- Mental illness or stress
- If you’re away from the European Union for more than 90 days
These are the main exclusions, however please read the Policy Document which contains the full terms and conditions.
Other pages in this section...