Disclaimer: April UK Social Media Sites
This disclaimer is related to the APRIL UK Group official social media accounts.
Content available from APRIL UK’s social media pages are for the purpose of broadcasting information free of charge for the benefit of the public.
APRIL UK recommends that users exercise their own skill, care, common sense and judgement with respect to their use of APRIL UK's social media pages and that users carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the material on the website for their purposes. The term "user" shall include any reader of APRIL UK's social media sites, whether or not that person follows/likes the APRIL UK's social media sites.
The material on APRIL UK's social media sites should not be relied on as a substitute for professional advice it is merely a summary of the subject matter covered. Users should always seek professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
The material on APRIL UK's social media sites may include the views or recommendations of third parties, which do not necessarily reflect the views of APRIL UK, or indicate its commitment to a particular course of action.
APRIL UK accepts no legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to, the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material contained on its social media sites or on any linked site.
APRIL UK's social media sites may contain links to other websites that are external to APRIL UK. APRIL UK takes reasonable care in linking to websites but has no direct control over the content of the linked sites, or the changes that may occur to the content on those sites. It is the responsibility of the user to make its own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in linked external websites.
Links to external websites do not constitute an endorsement or a recommendation of any material on those sites or of any third party products or services offered by, from or through those sites. Users of links provided by APRIL UK's social media sites are responsible for being aware of which organization is hosting the website they visit.
More generally, any content, views, opinions and/or responses to questions uploaded, expressed or submitted by the creators, sponsors, advertisers or users of APRIL UK's social media sites utilized by APRIL UK, other than the content provided by APRIL UK, are solely the views, opinions and responsibility of the person submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of APRIL UK. APRIL UK is not responsible for content that third parties publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit via APRIL UK's social media sites.
APRIL UK's social media sites may occasionally be unavailable and APRIL UK accepts no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime.
While APRIL UK will endeavor to maintain the currency and accuracy of information published via APRIL UK's social media sites, APRIL UK does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the information available on its social media sites.
APRIL UK, its subsidiaries, staff, agents and contractors, accept no liability in any way for the currency, accuracy or completeness of any material posted on its social media sites and disclaims all responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of information provided via this vehicle.
Users should check the accuracy and currency of information before taking any action. Any reliance a user places on such information is strictly at his/her own risk.
APRIL UK may include links or references to other web pages or sites as part of its tweet postings. By posting these links this does not mean April UK endorses their content. In more general terms, APRIL UK is not responsible for the content of any web site not operated by APRIL UK.
As such, APRIL UK:
- does not control such websites so can therefore not be held responsible for the accuracy, relevance or completeness of information contained on a linked website;
- does not endorse, support or agree with the organizations sponsoring linked websites or the views they express or the products/services they offer;
- cannot and does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites: users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
APRIL UK will occasionally reply individually to comments and messages received via its social media sites. If a user follows APRIL UK on social media, this will not result in APRIL UK automatically following him/her back. For responses to queries or complaints, please consult the APRIL UK website at www.April-UK.com for the appropriate channels of information.
Users must not post or upload any comments or links to APRIL UK's social media sites that are unlawful, or may defame, discriminate, offend, interfere with privacy or infringe copyright or other intellectual property rights. APRIL UK reserves the right to moderate comments and may remove any comments that, in APRIL UK's opinion, are inappropriate.
When contributing views to APRIL UK's social media sites, please ensure that the user:
- protects his/her personal privacy and that of others. Users should not include personal information about himself/herself or others in his/her comments;
- does represent his/her own views and does not impersonate or falsely represent any other person;
- does not abuse, harass or threaten others;
- does post material to APRIL UK's social media sites that is relevant to the issues being consulted on;
- does not make defamatory or slanderous comments;
- does not use insulting, provocative or hateful language;
- does not include internet addresses, videos, images or any email addresses, in his/her contribution.
- does not use obscene or offensive language;
- does not post multiple versions of the same view to the forum;
- does not incite, encourage or make reference to conduct that may constitute a criminal or civil offence or otherwise violate national laws;
- does not post material to the forum that infringes the intellectual property rights of others;
- does not promote commercial interests in his/her posts to APRIL UK's social media sites;
- does not post comments promoting personal professional interests
Does not post anything which:
- racially or religiously vilifies others;
- incites, induces or aids violence, discrimination, harassment, victimization or hatred towards others, or;
- is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others, particularly on the basis of their race, color, descent, national origin, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any disability.
- The use of vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language is prohibited;
- APRIL UK's social media sites are not open to the promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction;
- This moderation policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose.
APRIL UK will delete comments that are spam, abusive to others, are clearly "off topic" or that promote services or products. Comments that make unsupported accusations will also be taken out of the discussion.
APRIL UK will warn and take appropriate action to suspend and expel users who regularly and consistently submit inappropriate content. Repeat offenders may be blocked from using APRIL UK's social media sites indefinitely.
APRIL UK will monitor and remove as soon as feasibly possible any abnormal cyber activity that appears to be a cyber-threat or cybercrime such as phishing or hacking.
Important Legal Information and Cautionary Statements Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements contained on APRIL UK's social media sites may contain forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, statements that are predictions of or indicate future events, trends, plans or objectives. Undue reliance should not be placed on such statements because, by their nature, they are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties. APRIL UK undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any of these forward-looking statements, whether to reflect new information, future events or circumstances or otherwise.
Social bookmarking and sharing
APRIL UK uses social bookmarking and sharing buttons on a number of its websites. These buttons enable visitors to easily share content on APRIL UK's websites via social media.
Link to the Twitter account : @APRILinsurance
Link to the LinkedIn account : April UK Company Page
Link to the G+ account : April UK G+
Link to the Facebook account : April UK Facebook
Other pages in this section...