Who are APRIL UK?
Established in 1997, we are an award-winning protection specialist. We have a reputation for upholding some of the toughest service standards in the industry and pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service.
Our product range offers a broad mix of products suiting a variety of needs: from our Medical Cash Plan, which offers cashback for everyday medical bills; through to personal accident plans that provide a lump sum in the event of accidental injury. With such an impressive range of products available, APRIL UK really are your first choice for protection solutions.
We’re also proud to be part of the APRIL Group, a global insurance brand that operates in 31 countries. Their strong brand and financial strength allow us to continue building on our success and presence in the market.
Correct as of March 2018
Who are the APRIL Group?
APRIL UK is part of the APRIL Group, a global insurance provider. They were formed in 1988 and set out to change the image of insurance by putting the customer at the heart of the organisation.
APRIL UK is recognised by industry experts every year for the quality of our products and services. Here are just some of the accolades we’ve received over the last few years:
- 2018 - SHORTLISTED - for 'Health Insurance Provider of the Year' at the Moneyfacts Consumer Awards
- 2017 - SHORTLISTED - for 'Health Insurance Provider of the Year' at the Moneyfacts Consumer Awards
- 2017 - SHORTLISTED - for 'Individual Private Medical Insurance' at the Cover Excellence Awards
- 2016 - SHORTLISTED - for 'Health Insurance Company of the Year' at the Health Insurance Awards 2016
- 2016 - SHORTLISTED - for 'Best Customer Service Provider' at the Health Insurance Awards 2016
- 2016 - SHORTLISTED - for 'Health Insurance Provider of the Year' at the Consumer Moneyfacts Survey
- 2015 - SHORTLISTED - for 'Best Customer Service by a Provider' at the Health Insurance Awards
- 2014 - SHORTLISTED - for 'Best Individual PMI Provider' at the Health Insurance Awards
- 2014 - FINALIST - for 'Best PMI Provider' at the Life and Pensions Moneyfacts Awards
- 2013 - SHORTLISTED for ‘Individual Private Medical Insurance Award’ at the Cover Excellence Awards
- 2013 - WINNERS of 'Product of the Month' in Health Insurance Daily for our SME Private Medical Insurance Plan
Market-leading service standards
We have a different approach to insurance that makes us stand out from the crowd - and that’s our focus on putting the customer first and delivering excellent customer service. Because of this, we have a set of service standards that we take pride in delivering to our customers, every day:
"What makes APRIL UK stand out is our customer centric ethos, which revolves around creating the best experience for our customers. Whatever your query, you can depend on us to resolve and address it with the minimum fuss and delay.”
Sarah Buck, CEO - APRIL UK and Ireland
We work hard to give you the very best service, and so we have a set of values that we demonstrate, every day:
Treating Customers Fairly Charter
We take the Financial Conduct Authority’s TCF guidelines very seriously. We are fully committed to ensuring you receive a fair deal and are at the heart of everything we do. To ensure we provide excellent customer service, we’ve introduced our own ‘Treating Customers Fairly Charter’.
Our Charter aims to ensure six core objectives for our customers:
You can be confident that when dealing with us, the fair treatment of our customers is central to our corporate culture
Products and services provided by APRIL UK are designed to meet the needs of our customers
You will be provided with clear information and kept appropriately informed before, during and after purchasing a product
If you receive advice, the advice will be suitable and will take into account your personal circumstances
You will be provided with products that perform as our firm has led you to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard that you have been led to expect of us
You will not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by us to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint
Our Insurance Partners
We only work with insurers who provide both integrity and strong financial strength. Our policyholders can rest assured that they will be there in times of need. Here's a summary of our underwriting partners:
Axeria Insurance Limited
Axeria underwrites our cash plans. Like us, they are a member of the APRIL Group and therefore benefit from the same considerable financial backing. In addition, Axeria work in partnership with us on a shared vision - to develop first-class products that offer comprehensive benefits and great value for money.
Covea Insurance plc
Covea Insurance are a household name that underwrite our accident and sickness and personal accident plans. Covea have an excellent reputation in the industry for serving major financial institutions and having strong service standards. They have over 50 years trading experience in the UK and have attained a Standard and Poor’s ‘A+ Stable’ rating.
Our life insurance panel includes:
In addition, when you ask us for a life insurance quote, you’ll be pleased to know that our panel of insurers includes some of the leading names in the industry, including: