How We Use Your Information
The personal information, provided by you (or anyone acting on your behalf), is collected by or on our behalf and may be used by us, our employees, agents and service providers acting under our instruction for the purposes of insurance administration, insurance mediation, underwriting, research or for statistical purposes.
We may process your information for a number of different purposes. For each purpose we must have a legal ground for such processing. When the information that we process is classed as ‘special category data’, we must have a specific additional legal ground for such processing.
Generally, we will rely on the following legal grounds:
- It is necessary for us to process your personal information to provide this policy and services related to it. We will rely on this for activities such as providing you with information about your quote, assessing your application, managing your policy and providing other services to you
- We have an appropriate business need to process your personal information and such business need does not cause harm to you. We will rely on this for activities such as maintaining our business records, developing, improving our products and services, and providing information about our products and services to you
- We have a legal or regulatory obligation to use such personal information
- We need to use such personal information to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
- You have provided your consent to our use of your personal information, including special category data
How we share your information
In order to sell, manage and provide our products and services, prevent fraud and comply with legal and regulatory requirements, we may need to share your information with the following types of third parties:
- Reinsurers, Regulators and Authorised/Statutory Bodies
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Crime prevention agencies, including the police
- Suppliers carrying out a service on our behalf
- Other insurers, business partners and agents
- Other companies within the APRIL Group
Fraud Prevention and Detection
In order to prevent or detect fraud and money laundering we may check your details with various fraud prevention agencies, who may record a search. Searches may also be made against other insurers’ databases. If fraud is suspected, information will be shared with those insurers. Other users of the fraud prevention agencies may use this information in their own decision making processes.
We may use automated tools with decision making to assess your application for insurance and for claims handling processes. If you object to an automated decision, we may not be able to offer you an insurance quotation.
How to Contact Us
The Data Protection Officer, APRIL UK (Insurance Services) Ltd, April House, Almondsbury Business Centre, Bradley Stoke, Bristol, BS32 4QH.